Click Here For State Reciprocity Maps!

If I already have the Idaho Standard License can I just upgrade to the New Enhanced License without additional training?

No, this is a New License, you must go through the training and new background check regardless of previous training or licenses.

Can I use my Hunter safety Training Or DD2-14 as proof of training for the New Enhanced License without additional training?

No, you must go through the full 8 hour training including the 4 hour legal portion taught by an attorney, and the 4 hour personal protection and live fire portion in order to be signed off for the new license.

What do I need to bring for the Idaho Enhanced class?

The Idaho Enhanced class requires participants to shoot a pistol a minimum of 98 rounds. For this class students will need to bring their handgun of choice, Ear and Eye Protection, at least 100 rounds of factory loaded ammunition, and  a sack lunch.

How much do you charge for your Idaho Enhanced CCW classes?

Our Idaho Enhanced Concealed weapons Classes are only $150. Because Idaho Enhanced does not cover Oregon it will also be available for participants as part of the Enhanced class. To guarantee a seat you should pre-register for all classes on our website. Idaho is waiting on the Idaho attorney general to update the formal reciprocity agreement maps as the formal agreements are finalized. The Proposed reciprocity is hoped to be at 40 out of 50 states, with our Oregon license. Payment is accepted on our website as classes fill up fast. Class fees are non-refundable, but if a class is missed we allow students to reschedule and participate in a future class.

What forms of payment do you accept?

We accept Cash, and all major credit cards. Class fees are non-refundable, but we will allow you to reschedule to participate in a future class. Credit cards may not be available depending on internet and cellular coverage.

What is your refund policy?

We understand that schedules can change and for whatever reason you may be unable to attend the class for which you have registered. We have determined that our class fees are non-refundable. We will, however, allow you to reschedule and participate in a future class. Please send us an email prior to missing a class to let us know the future date you will be attending. We will make sure we have a spot available. NO REFUNDS!

What other fees will I pay in addition to the cost of the class?

You will have to pay an application fee charged by state of Idaho and Oregon (about $60 to $ 65 depending on which states you are applying for). The state application fee is not paid at the course. It is paid to your local Sheriff’s department, or other government agency. This fee will be paid when you apply for the permit(s). Further details will be covered in your class.

How long do your classes last?

Our Idaho Enhanced class is an 8 hour class,  which include a 4 hour legal portion and a 4 hour range safety and shooting exercise. At times the classes can go over depending on questions and paperwork, so please adjust your schedules accordingly.

Do class participants have to take a test or shoot a gun as part of the class?

Idaho Enhanced License does require Range time, and shooting. Students may  be expected to demonstrate gun safety with a prop gun provided  by the instructors. There will be no live ammunition in the classroom.

If I am applying for the enhanced License as a non-resident, Do I  need to obtain a permit from the state where I reside?

Yes, as part of the enhanced license the law requires anyone applying for the Enhanced license as a non-resident to first have a license in their resident state.

How long do I have after the class to submit my application(s)?

Applications for Firearm Permit must be submitted within 12 months after you take the class. We recommend getting it in as soon as possible after the class is taken. If more than one year has passed and you failed to submit your paperwork, you will need to attend the class again and get new paperwork. Don’t let that happen to you.

If I have waited too long to submit my application(s), do I have to pay to retake the class?

As noted above, if you waited too long to submit your paperwork, you will need to retake the class. When you retake the class, we will charge you a reduced fee. This reduced fee covers our overhead, materials and other costs associated with the class. In this case please contact us to schedule the class.

How long will it take to get my permit after I apply?

It takes approximately 30 to 90 days from the date your application is received to issue the permit.

Does your company issue my permit(s)?

No we do not issue your permit(s). We are only certified to provide instruction needed to obtain your permit(s). Permits are issued by the state(s) you are obtaining the permit(s) from. We will provide you with all the details on how and where to apply for your permits during the class.

Will I obtain my permits immediately after the class is over?

No we do not issue your permit. We are only certified to provide instruction needed to obtain your permit(s).

I have an alcohol related offense on my criminal record. Will this prohibit me from obtaining a permit?

We encourage you to call the issuing authority (usually your county sheriff) and ask them directly so you get your answer directly from the source.

I have one or more misdemeanor offenses on my criminal record. Will this prohibit me from obtaining a permit?

It depends on what the offenses is, and where and when they occurred. Since we do not actually issue your permit, we advise you to contact the issuing authority (usually your sheriff) and ask them directly.

 How long are the concealed firearm permits valid?

OR is a 4 year handgun ONLY permit. Idaho enhanced licenses are 5 year licenses. Permits can be renewed by sending the State renewal fee in the mail before the permit expires. (Oregon however requires you renew in person)

Does taking this class guarantee the issuance of a concealed carry permit?

No, taking this class does not guarantee the issuance of a concealed carry permit as participants must be legally permitted to own a firearm, and will need to pass a federal background check.

Are there certain places I am not allowed to take my firearm even after I get my permit?

Yes. Each state has its own unique list of the places that are off limits to firearms. Most of the time these areas are referred to as weapon free zones. Most weapon free zones remain off-limits even after you obtain your permit. The weapon free zones include, but are not limited to Federal buildings, schools, colleges, Indian Reservations, and anywhere posted. Please check your local laws and guidelines.

Are there any pre-requisites to taking your class?

There are no prerequisites for any of the concealed carry classes.

Do I need to purchase a gun prior to taking the class?

No. Many people who take our class have little or no prior firearm experience. You don’t even need to own a gun to attend and enjoy our  Multi-State classes. However if you wish to attend the Idaho Enhanced Class which requires shooting we recommend you bring your pistol of choice to get adjusted to, and familiar with it, so you are confident with your own firearm. We do however rent pistols for those who have not yet purchased one. If you plan on renting a firearm please contact instructors for availability of gun rentals.

Will you provide private classes for groups?

Yes, for private groups please contact contact  Joe @ 208-867-4684

I have already had my fingerprints taken and they are “in the system.” Do I need to have them taken again to get my permit?

Yes. Even if you’ve been fingerprinted in the past you will need to be fingerprinted again to qualify for permits.

What do you cover in your classes?

The topics we cover include firearm safety, handgun types, concealed carry techniques, weapon free zone laws, self-defense laws, firearm transportation laws, firearm types and functions, what to do if you have to pull your weapon, and much more.

Where can I find more information regarding concealed carry laws?

A great resource for information on individual state laws and other general information including concealed carry maps, etc. visit: